Wednesday, February 5, 2014

50 books in 1 year: 2012 (really late update!)

(I composed this post in October... sheduled it to post automatically at 8:00 two days later... and I guess it didn't)

I finailly did it!  Actually, I went over!

Goal:50
Total:53
January:
1 Farmer Boy - Laura Ingalls Wilder
2 Little Men - Louisa May Alcott

February
3 Jo’s Boys - Louisa May Alcott
4 Pride & Prejudice - Jane Austin
5 A Wizard of Earthsea - Ursula Le Guin
6 Northanger Abbey - Jane Austin
7 Tales from Planet Earth - Arthur C. Clark

March
 8 City of Masks - Mary Hoffman
9 Messenger - Lois Lowry
10 A Larger Universe - Gillaspy, James
11 The Black Pearl - Scott O’Dell
12 A Spell for Chameleon - Piers Anthony

April
13 City of Stars - Mary Hoffman
14 Game of Thrones - George R. R. Martin
15 Island of the Blue Dolphin - Scott O’Dell
16 Mr. Popper’s Penguins - Richard Atwater

May
17 Tom Sawyer - Mark Twain
18 The Borrowers - Mary Norton
19 The Borrowers Afield - Mary Norton
20 City of Flowers - Mary Hoffman
21 The Borrowers Afloat - Mary Norton
22 The Borrowers Aloft - Mary Norton
23 Before I Fall - Lauren Oliver
24 The Borrowers Avenged - Mary Norton
25 City of Secrets - Mary Hoffman

June
26 City of Ships - Mary Hoffman
27 Things Fall Apart - Chinua Achebe
28 The Plague of Doves - Louise Erdrich

July
29 A Clash of Kings - George R. R. Martin
30 Earth - David Brin

August
31 The Source of Magic - Piers Anthony
32 Storm Glass - Maria V. Snyder
33 Gossamer - Lois Lowry

September
34 I am the Messenger - Markus Zusak
35 Otherness - David Brin
36 Confessions Of An Ugly Stepsister - Gregory Maguire
37 Mirror Mirror - Gregory Maguire
38 Lincoln’s Dreams - Connie Willis

October
39 A Storm of Swords- George R.R. Martin
40 Sea Glass - Maria M. Snyder
41 Spy Glass - Maria M. Snyder
42 Pippi Goes on Board - Astrid Lindgren  (out loud with Sabrina)
43 Troubadour - Mary Hoffman
44 Swipe - Evan Angler
45 City of Swords - Mary Hoffman
46 The Golden Compass - Philip Pullman

November
47 The Face on the Milk Carton - Caroline B. Cooney
48 The Willoughbys - Lois Lowry
49 A Feast for Crows- George R.R. Martin

December
50 The Hobbit - JRR Tolkien
51 Whatever Happened to Janie? - Caroline B. Cooney
52 The Voice On The Radio - Caroline B. Cooney
53 What Janie Found - Caroline B. Cooney

Year in review:  I read a lot of young adult books, but I also read a lot of books for the first time this year.  Usually 75% of what I read is books I've already read before.  I'd like to blame the library.  I keep finding more and more books to read.  And I'd like to blame my coworker who gives me "must reads" all the time.  I'm extremely happy to finally have met my goal last year.

In the future: Well, that's right now and a post for another day.

No comments: