Thursday, August 21, 2014

50 books, late summer update

Another year, another list.   50 still seems to be my magic number, so I'm sticking with it.  I started the year with a re-read, which is a bit surprising since I've been so good about reading new (to me) books.

I started with Herland because of David Brin's Glory Season.  He got some of his ideas from Herland, so I thought I'd refresh my memory.  Do not read the sequel, it's not as good.

I feel good about the list so far.  There are some "hard" books, some easy, and some middle of the road.

January
1 Herland - Charlotte Perkins Gilman
2 Ocean at the End of the Lane - Neil Gaiman
3 With her in Ourland - Charlotte Perkins Gilman

February
4 In the Mothers’ Land - Elisabeth Vonarburg (translated by Jane Brierley)
5 Forbidden - Ted Dekker/Tosca Lee
6 The Silent City - Elisabeth Vonarburg (translated by Jane Brierley)

March
7 The Broken Dragon - Irene Radford
8 The Summer Before - Ann M. Martin
9 Number the Stars - Lois Lowry
10 The Shadowhunter Codex - Cassandra Clare
11 Love Medicine - Louise Erdrich
April
12 Startide Rising - David Brin
13 Panic - Lauren Oliver
14 Fantastical Ramblings - Irene Radford
15 The Birthday Ball - Lois Lowry
16 Twins - Caroline Cooney
17 The Graveyard Book - Neil Gaiman
18 The Terrorist - Caroline Cooney
May
19 Chicory Up - Irene Radford
20 Find a Stranger, Say Goodbye, Lois Lowry
21 The Spindlers - Lauren Oliver
22 Guardian of the Balance - Irene Radford
23 The Goddess Test - Aimee Carter
24 The Goddess Hunt - Aimee Carter
June
25 Liesl & Po - Lauren Oliver
26 The Goddess Interrupted - Aimee Carter
27 The Goddess Inheritance - Aimee Carter
July
28 Mortal - Ted Dekker/Tosca Lee
29 Odd and the Frost Giants - Neil Gaiman
30 Sneak - Evan Angler
31 A Corner of the Universe - Ann M. Martin
32 The Same Stuff as Stars - Katherine Paterson
August
33 Storm - Evan Angler
34 Orange is the New Black - Piper Kerman

No comments: